Corinne Cross's Dead & Breakfast is a single-player adventure game developed and published by Bad Chalk Entertainment. It was developed in one month for the 2015 Indie Game Maker's Contest and won the $26,856.88 grand prize. It was published with updates on Steam on August 18th, 2016.
Corinne Cross's Dead & Breakfast was developed on the RPG Maker VX Ace engine. The game takes place over the course of 7 days, alternating between day and night. Being a story-driven game, gameplay focuses around talking to NPCs, gardening, and cooking. It is impossible to get a game over.
Each character has multiple endings depending on the player's choices throughout the game.
Recent college graduate Corinne returns to her hometown after many years away. When her mother asks her to look after a hospitalized friend's home as a favor, Corinne learns that the house is actually a haunted bed & breakfast and that she has the ability to communicate with the ghosts. In order to help the ghosts move on, Corinne has to help them fulfill their last wishes-- and not all of them want to move on.
- 15 July 2015 - Development began
- 10 October 2015 - Made it into the IGMC Top 10
- 31 October 2015 - Won the IGMC Grand Prize
- 18 August 2016 - Updated version published on Steam
Differences between the IGMC and Steam version Edit
The Steam version is an updated version of the IGMC build. Updates include:
- New maps and characters (Chloe and Dimitri)
- Improvements to the art
- Some improvements to the writing, better handling of the multiple endings
- More illustrations
- More content in general, polish
- Steam achievements
- New Game+ mode
New Game+ Edit
Once the player completes the game, they can unlock NewGame+ mode. NewGame+ includes:
- Harder version of the game
- Alternate dialogue for many conversations
- Bonus scenes
- Extra content
- "Secret" stuff