Zara is in her late teens. She has short red hair with a pink stripe, and magenta-colored eyes. She wears dark lipstick and pink eyeshadow. She has a small mole near her jawline.
She wears a white crop top, a leather jacket with spikes on the shoulders, and torn pink jeans.
Although she can be impatient and cutting, Zara has a fierce and determined personality. Her values and ambitions are very important to her. She desperately wants to be alive again. When she finds out her band has recruited a new front man, it comes as a devastating blow to her.
- Corinne Cross - Zara takes out her frustrations at death on Corinne, believing she's only her hope to be brought back to life. Although Zara finds Corinne annoying, she later feels thankful for everything Corinne's done for her.
- Alex - Zara is kind to Alex and expresses sympathy that she died at such a young age.
- Shoes - Zara finds Shoes' apathy about his death extremely annoying.
- Gale Styron - Zara finds Gale to be more relatable than the other ghosts in the house. She finds his attraction to Corinne annoying, feeling he should be trying to find a way to live again instead of wasting his time talking to her. She truly believes he deserves to be alive again.
- Zara dyes her hair.
- She was the lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter for her band. She also booked gigs for them, although it was difficult to get taken seriously as a high school band.
- She's an experienced pianist due to her mother forcing her to learn from a young age.
- She died in her senior year of high school.
- Zara is second-generation Indian.
- Zara is the most powerful of all the ghosts. She has the most control over her powers and teaches Gale how to change his appearance.